The annual Diggers Rest Community Event this year will offer a magical twist and is planned to take place on Sunday 1st April (April Fools Day) at the Diggers Rest Recreational Reserve on Plumpton Road Diggers Rest. The festivities are scheduled to kick off at 10am through to 3pm.
So come along for a great day of mystery and excitement which promises to include community displays, children and youth activities and workshops, main stage, magicians, jesters and more…
For any additional information contact: Melton Shire Council on 9747 7200
The Diggers Rest Junior Football Club needs your support. Volunteers are urgently required to fulfill the following positions. Without your valued support our kids games may be forfeited! This would be very disappointing for our kids and the Club as a whole. If we get enough volunteers for these roles, we can share the load and set up a roster for all the age groups.
Positions requiring volunteers are as follows:
Team Managers for U10, U12 & U14 – Very important and essential role in order to complete match day paperwork!
- Canteen Volunteers for ALL home games (only 7 per season)
- Volunteers to set up ground for all home game matches
- Score/Time Keepers (necessary role for ALL games, without which will have to forfeit)
- Boundary Umpires (necessary role for ALL games, without which will have to forfeit)
- Goal Umpire (necessary role for ALL games, without which will have to forfeit)
- Umpires Escort (necessary role for ALL games, without which will have to forfeit)
- Interchange Steward (necessary role for ALL games, without which will have to forfeit)
- Water Carriers during ALL games
- Cordial and Oranges perparation for ALL games
If you are able to assist with any of the above roles, please visit http://www.drjfc.com.au or contact President Laurie Pincini on 0409 165 933 ASAP.
The Friday Morning Coffee will be held at the Diggers Rest Bowling Club until further notice. Usual time 10:00am. All welcome, hope to see you then…Special thanks to Rosemarie (Cradle Road Milk Bar) for her past support of the Friday morning coffee and we wish her all the best for the future.
Additional information, please call David O’Connor on 9740 1060